This Saturday we went to see Bella for my Grandma's birthday. Even though it was kind of slow going it was really nice to sit back and enjoy a quiet "happy" movie :). I think that the pro life theme has become more popular in Hollywood and the group that produced the movie Bella sound like they are going to make lots of really good movies! YAY!
We went to our women's monthly meeting a while ago and I decided to branch out and sit at a table that none of my sisters or Mom were sitting at. Wow, that was brave for me. I usually like to stay in my comfort zone and let someone else start all the conversations. I sat at the table with two people I knew and around four that I didn't. It turned out that I was sitting next to the lady who was going to speak that night and Mom and another lady had met her before I got there and prayed with her. It turned out that she spoke on studying the bible and what it did in her life. It was so amazing and just what I was needing to hear. I have been struggling with how to dig deeper than just the main story line. I told her this and I found out that she leads a women's bible study Wednesday mornings. I was disappointed cause I have school, work, and guitar lessons so I probably would not be able to go. I really enjoyed talking to her though and I got very inspired to start my own in depth study using one of Kay Aurthur's books. On the way home Mom, Hope, and I talked a lot about youth small groups, women's meetings, and our own bible readings. We were all really inspired by the teaching that night and decided to start getting up at 6:30 every school morning and work our way through Daniel. Sadly we haven't gotten far cause we have been staying up to late and cannot gt up early but we started again today and we plan to keep it up every day. We are also going to start going to the Wednesday morning meetings and do school ahead of time. I think God has been speaking to our whole family to really live in the word especially in hard times and to prepare ourselves for the attack. I have just recently decided what my favorite verse is because I have needed it the most in my life so far.
Ephesians 6: 10-12. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
What a great verse!
The quote by Jim Elliot is one of my favorites. The whole story of the 5 missionaries and their families has meant so much to me for a very long time. I want to have that kind of committment in my life that I am not only willing to die for Christ if necessary, but also to live for Him every moment.
I quite enjoyed the Bella movie. The story flowed well and even the reviews for it were fantastic.
hey thought i'd say hello
no one really visits my blog; i think the blogging world has died haha.
~garrett
r u ever goin 2 post again???
Do u know who i am??
hint: my name starts with a T
r u ever goin 2 post again?
No i don't know who you are.
Post a Comment