Monday, March 05, 2007

Recent and Upcoming Events

Not much has been happening lately. The sickness has made a full rotation around the family. Hope was the last to get it and she just got better yesterday. This week is going to be crazy at dance as we do some final cleanup on some dances. Next week is going to be even worse because the big History performance will be that weekend. Yikes! No, I'm not really that nervous but that will probably change as it gets closer. We are going to have live singers and professional lighting! If you don't know what History is it is a dance/drama our studio has done on the life of Christ, showing his birth, death, and Resurrection. Here are some more pics.
-
-
I recently read a book called The Ishbane Conspiracy by Randy Alcorn and his daughters. It is about four teenagers who are trying to make there way in a fallen culture. Two of the teenagers are Christians who try to stand strong themselves while also trying to teach their friends about God. This book addresses many different things that teenagers can struggle with. Some of them are suicide, eating disorders, abortion, the occult, and witchcraft. Throughout the book there are two demons conversing in letters to each other trying to bring these teenagers down.
I think this is a really good book for teens to read so they will be prepared to face our fallen culture. Especially ones going to public school who have to face these things on a daily basis.

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

I just heard Annalise ask her friend, Grace, if she was coming to our dance then proceeded to tell her that we were "professional people." So there you have it.:)

Candy Girl said...

haHA! O my gosh that is extremely tippicle of our little sista! I can SO hear her sayin' that! I am excited about comming home in a few days! I miss y'all!!!

Keziah Haag said...

We miss you too Candace!! It has been very incomplete without you especially when us girls go out together somewhere:( .

Candy Girl said...

Hey, we'll have ta take a girls only cruise when I get back... In Priscilla new car! And get some ice cream to cellabrate our completeness!!! :)

Keziah Haag said...

Oh yeah!!!!!!