Yesterday afternoon I was hanging at the house, taking it easy cause I was sick the day before. While I was doing nothing and wanting to do something, we heard a little knock at the door. I opened it to see John (our five year old cousin) standing there with a huge grin on his face. I asked him what he needed but all he said was "Geet ovah heeeeere" dragging out the here. We asked him who it was he wanted but he just smiled squinting up his eyes and repeated himself. We were a bit "weirded out" and had to ask a series of questions in order to finally come to the conclusion that our uncle Jacob was at his house. Lori wanted us to come over and visit. Mom and I went over for a while but Jacob had to leave. He came back later with the rest of his family and we got to see his new baby girl.
Well, they got to talking about hair cuts and Jacob said he had had some experience with cutting his brothers hair. Lo, all the boys were lined up for their desperately needed haircuts. First went John who ended up with a buzz then Paul got one. Uncle Kenny was next. He got his cut except the whole back side of his head and he told Lori he was done. This was not acceptable so Jacob finished it off. Joshua is now thirteen and he was very worried about looking cool and it took some pressure from the girls to get him in the chair. In the end he only got it slightly shorter. Then Luke and Abel got theirs trimmed.
A few nights before I had lent Joshua Napoleon Dynamite. They watched it every night for about a week and Josh had the whole movie memorized. So we spent last night being entertained by Joshua, doing Kip very well, and a pretty good job on the rest of them too.

3 comments:
Gosh! Someone should have cut dad's flippin hair!
Hey,
I'm so hick. My mom cuts my hair. Who exactly was doing the cutting? I used to give myself buzz cuts in the summer, and one year I gave myself a mohawk. My parents actually let me keep it for a day. I was pretty stoked at the time...
zach
Sorry to comment twice in the space of a minute, but it's good to know your converse are on your favorite things list. It's good to know there are other freaks. But you forgot warm woolen mittens, bright copper kettles, and brown paper packages tied up with string!
zach
Post a Comment