Not much has been going on lately. It's been snowing a off and on today and it's snowing pretty heavily right now. It's been kind of a lazy day today as Saturdays always are. Kezzi, Luke, Josh and I are going to a youth service tonight at our neighbor's church.
~
I was thinking about this Christian rock band called 'Kids in the Way' who have a song w/ that title which repeats "we are, we are, kids in the way". I was really sad not just that this is the message they're portraying to the youth, but that this is the "Christian" message they want to get across. That, to me, pretty much implies "We're just immature kids who can't make a difference and are only a hindrance till we grow up". I don't think that's the mindset God wants for us as Christian young people. (Just so you know though, I'm not at all against anybody who listens to them, so please don't take offence if you do. They may have other music that's really good. I haven't heard much of them.)
~
I believe that God wants to use us as a major impact on the rest of society & show that we don't have to be just immature people waiting to grow up, but can be an influence and inspiration wherever we are. To me, it's so exciting to think that I'm not just waiting to grow up and be a light, but that I can be a light to anyone wherever I am in small ways, weather it's at church or anywhere else. Even just standing up for what's right & not going along w/ things I know are wrong can make a huge difference & even sometimes change people's minds.
~
It's been nice, lately us girls have started helping out during one of the church services and I've been helping w/ the 4 and 5 year olds. I really enjoy it. I was thinking though, that even in simple little things like this I can help make a difference. There was this one girl who had told me a few weeks before, that she didn't have a mom anymore because she died. I felt so bad for her. Later, she looked really sad & had sat by herself not talking to anyone. When I asked her name, she wouldn't tell me (& wasn't very nice about it), but when I started helping her w/ a couple things & trying to help her have fun, she warmed right up and was totally different toward me & seemed a lot happier too.
~
I know God can use us young people in lots of ways, but it's our responsibility(mainly speaking to myself here)to look for those ways & jump at the opportunity.
*Update* I went and looked at the lyrics of the song, Kids In The Way, and realized they were saying something different than I thought. They were just using that phrase saying that's how the world thinks of us but we're much more than that. I guess I was just thinking about this subject of kids being a light in the world and the song title came to mind. My bad. :)

2 comments:
Could it be that this group has a whole different meaning behind their name?
If you read passages such as:
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is "the way", which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am "the way", the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Hebrews 5:2
Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of "the way"; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.
Of course I haven't heard this group and don't know the context in which the phrase was used.
Just a thought.
p.
Well your deffinatly right about Kids In The Way. I'm not a big fan of the band but they do have a lot of realy good words.
Post a Comment