My family and I have a strange fascination with phrases that sound funny. Like when our aunt Lizzi came to visit us she started saying "Aw that's filthy" or "oh filth". For some strange reason we thought this was funny. I guess it was partly her tone of voice and personality. Well we started saying it and it sort of stuck so it is now the family word. Several friends have even picked it up from us. Then a little later we went on a drive with our uncle Levi he looked at the mountains and said "Oh, Wow! That's an an awesome!" We made fun of him for a while for his bad grammar, but then we started saying it too. We also say "that's a stupid" or any other adjective that doesn't belong there. A few days ago Pris found something new. She got into the car to go to dance and I started to tell her we were late. All I got out was "Pris..." before she interrupted me with "You shut up." I was a bit shocked at her rudeness(not realy.lol.). She was playing of course and now we all say it. The tone of voice has to be just right and we cant say it at the wrong moment or we will get in trouble for really meaning it. It is funny when you interrupted someone before they can ask a question.Another thing that's weird is when Mom was a kid her dad would yell out "I'm going to bring everyone a surprise when I get home!" and sometimes they would ask for a surprise. Moms little brother Levi could not say surprise then and always called it a buprise and eventually the whole family called it that. Last night on Valentines Day Mom and Dad went out and Mom told us if we did all our jobs she would bring a "buprise" for us. It was candy and a movie.
This morning Candace and Priscilla flew out to a conference and I don't know what I will do with myself while there gone. :( Oh well Hope and I will get some party time and maybe we will use their rooms to host a few friends. Just kidding. That was a joke. c'mon I'm laughing. Ha ha ha ha. Okay that was lame lets move on here. Not to long ago Lizzi called to chat she said she had something else for us to start saying. It was "Little weird", she had used it on several occasions and it had had satisfactory results. You have to say it in a slow drawling voice to get the desired affect. I know what you are thinking. "What a weird family" and I would have to agree but hey, we have fun and sometimes people laugh at us. That's a good thing right?

2 comments:
Yep, that sounds like your family alright. But it also sounds like a ton of fun! We still use "filth" a lot around here. I would totally use the girls rooms for a party, they would do it to you! (LOL) How did Candace like flying? Any chance of seeing ya'll soon?
R.
I 2nd the "any chance of seeing ya'll soon?" I'll have to remember these. I remember when you guys cracked up when I said something "weirded me out." One of my personal favorites.
zach
Post a Comment