Thursday, March 08, 2007

With Boys Anything Can Happen

This afternoon Joshua, Luke, Hope, and I went to the creek. We went on the command not to get wet so we were going to explore the woods around. Once we got there we found a fallen log to cross the stream. Hope and I went to the waters edge and squished our toes in the freezing mud for a while while Luke and Joshua went ahead for a while. After a minute they called us over to a place where it was shallow enough for us to wade across. We found a little stream that branched off the creek and we went up that for a bit. Then Luke found an enormous skeleton of a cow scattered around beside the water.
We sat there for a while contemplating just what could have killed the cow. And we came up with some unlikely but good ideas!! Luke picked up a huge bone and waved it in the air yelling like a caveman which got a few good laughs. The boys found a few bones that they thought could be made into swords and were demonstrating battle scenes with far to many sound effects. Meanwhile Hope and I were laughing at some parts and being grossed out at others.
Then Luke found the jaw bone and decided he could not go home without the skull so a search party was sent out consisting of four explorers. We made our way into the nearby cow field and found many other interesting bones. Luke finally found the skull and Josh found a bone that he liked.
It was finally time to go home so Luke and Josh made us help them carry a few bones home for them to clean and use for who knows what. Hope and I refused to touch the "filthy" bones so we wrapped them in Luke's shirt. The walk home was relatively uneventful besides the fact that Hope and I where very embarrassed when we had to walk a ways on the road and we were given strange looks from passersby.
Viking and Caveman(aka Josh and Luke)

Sorry if this picture scares you! It scared me!!

P.S.

Luke and Josh did shower when they got home.

7 comments:

Nathan L. said...

Ok, that is a very crazy helmet! (but very cool too)

Priscilla said...

Oh my goodness!! Where was I that I didn't know all this was going on? I mean, I knew I had a weird cousin and brother but that picture is a little much!! I wish I would have decided to go so that I wouldn't have missed out on all the fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Kezzi,
You are right Anything can happen with boys. I did scare me a little bit.
Luv,
Taylor Hall

zach caddy said...

Luke says: "sweet helmet!" I know how the embarassing looks go, luke and olivia's mission in life seems to be embarassing me as much as possible.

Anonymous said...

haha you just said that you like comments so here is a comment ...hmmmm....

i dont eat cows...or where their products...

but i may however wear a cow skull ::contemplating::...especially if it is already dead cuz that would mean i had nothing to do with it dieing...i know, this is deep ::sarcasm::...what can i say lol

Candy Girl said...

It looks so warm there! It's freezing cold with snow and ice here in New England. Y'all look like yer havin WAY to much fun without me! But I guess it's a little fair 'cause I'm havin fun without YOU. Yesterday I hid behind a tree and started a huge snowball WAR. There was no mercy involved!!! I wish y'all were there but for your sake it's good that yer safe in TENNESSEE!

Sissy Kaf said...

Did josh really put that on his head? gross!