Lately I have been struggling with worries about the future and a few other things that have burdened me for a few years. I know being caught up in worry can be a very bad thing especially when they are things I can't do anything about. so far no advantages have come out of worrying. I have started to struggle with discontentment which I'm pretty sure is a product of worry. Tonight I just started to question myself asking why I feel discontent and why do I feel like I'm not doing everything I should? Well I was thinking and I've realized what I should have known all along. There's no gain in worrying about things that I can't fix.
-
I've realized that I haven't been giving God quite everything. I've been saving the things that are closest to my heart for myself to carry. But those are the things that matter most. It's been hard to trust God with those things because they are important. So starting now I am going to let go of all my fears but I don't think God wants me to forget about burdens that have been given me. I just need to learn to keep coming to Him and keep laying them down at His feet.
-
Here are some bible verses that have encouraged me.
-
Phil 4:6 -Be fretful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
-
Psa 37:5 -Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him for He will do it.
-
Psa 34:22-The Lord redeemeth the soul of His servants:
And none of them that trust in Him shall be desolate.
-
Psa 62:8- Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.

1 comment:
Kezz,
This is a great post. I know what you are talking about when you say that the things that ment the most to you, you held to yourself. Why do we think that we can take care of things better than God can? I too had some things that I was unwilling to give to the Lord for a long time, but once I did I found myself wondering why I hadn't before. It was so easy and I was so much happier! I am not saying that all of your fears and doubts will disappear forever, (I daily have to remind myself that God has everything under complete control) but there is a peace that comes when you trust in Him. Sometimes I just sit back and think about the fact that God had my whole life planned before I was even born. That kind of helps me put things into perspective. If He knew what was going to happen then, He probably still knows, and He isn't likely to make a mistake!
I guess I say all of that to build up to this: Keep waiting on God. He won't ever fail you, and the plan that He has for you is so far greater than anything you could plan for yourself, that it isn't worth mentioning.
There is a verse in Isaiah (I think) that I find very encouraging. It says this. "I know the plans that I have for you, Plans to build you up, and not to tear you down."
Keep Trusting,
Nyiad
Post a Comment