So yesterday was kind if a lazy day for me. Mom let us sleep in till about 8:00 and we didn't start school till 9:00. After school (which I finished at about 3:00) I decided to go see what Pris was doing at Aunt Lori's. On Sunday I had bought Sarah a stuffed bunny that was pink and very soft. So I brought that over. Sarah was very excited and kept hugging and kissing it (that was very cute). I would put a picture up but our camera cord is not working for me :( .
The rest of the day Pris, Hope, and I hung out with Aunt Lori, held babies, and watched I Love Lucy. Yeah, I know LAZY! At about 10:00 Uncle Kenny came home from baseball practice with Josh and Paul (Josh is 13 and Paul is 9). Paul had gotten a padded shirt from the coach because it's dangerous if the ball hits him really hard in the chest and since he's a pitcher, it's more likely that he will get hit. Well, Josh put the shirt on and asked me to punch him hard in the chest just so he could feel tough. I reluctantly did and he said it didn't hurt. Priscilla couldn't handle not having part in the fun so she wanted to hit him to and Josh was glad to oblige. Don't say it, I already know my family's weird. After Pris punched him a couple times Kenny wanted to try. He promised not to hit him to hard and Josh agreed..... well, it did hurt that time but Josh was still laughing. At about 11:00 we went home .
Sunday we had dinner with Grandma and Grandpa and played Catch Phrase until we got talking and everybody forgot about the game. Friday was Grandpa's birthday and we ate at there house then too. I always enjoy our talks with them and I know when I am old those are the times I am going to love to look back and remember.
Hope and I have started to go to our church youth group. We had gone with Candace and Pris a few times before and we sort of quit going; it was very big and there was not enough time to really get to know anyone. Honestly I'm not a big youth group fan. I would more like to hang out with a mixed group of teenagers and adults of all ages. But I think I am going to enjoy this youth group in spite of all that. Some of the girls meet and have a bible study before the meeting and Hope and I were invited to that. I think we will enjoy it and be able to grow. I am really looking forward to meeting some new friends.
I am reading a book called A Tree Grows In Brooklyn. I'm really enjoying it. It is about a little eleven year old girl and her little brother and who live in the slums of Brooklyn. Their father is drunk a lot and there mother is hard pressed to make their living. The story is interesting and it is giving me a lot of food for thought. There are many different kinds of people in the book who have many different opinions about life. I like thinking while I read of how I would try to explain my ideas to some of the characters.
For me there are several different categories of books. A book can be a fun book that I read for pure enjoyment (I save these for rare occasions), or a lesson book for me that is a true or inspiring story of someone I want to learn from, a self improving book which is usually the bible or a book about the bible, or a think book. A think book is a book that I don't agree with everything in it and it makes me dig into why and what I believe. A Tree Grows In Brooklyn is definitely a think book.

3 comments:
Ha Ha. I get to sleep anytime I want, as long as I get all my school done by the end of the week. Ahh yes.
As much as I hang around Rachel S, I may need to get one of those padded shirts...
zach
Well Zach, I hate to break it to you, but you'll probably get punched A LOT more often if you do get a shirt like that. Man, those things just cry out for a fist to be landed... HARD!! It was almost addicting punching my cousin with that thing on!!
Penguin,
If the above comment of yours is referencing me, than I resent the statement. I will also take full advantage of every opportunity to carry on my good name. In other words.....Watch your back!!!
Nyiad
Post a Comment