We had a blast on our trip to Missouri! I had a good time browsing and spending money on the books at the fair, and I got a pretty good sunburn when I went to some of our friends' track meet. I got to hang out with some people I hadn't seen in a while including Zach (the screaming penguin), the family from the H2O blog (we stayed with at their house), all their home schooled friends, and we met some new friends while we were at it. We also went to a good friends graduation and we had a great time at that too.
Pris brought her books to sell at the book fair but didn't sell many which didn't really matter because that wasn't really why we came. You know, any excuse works to go and visit some friends.
-
-
The day before we left I mentioned to the Dad of the family we were staying with, that I was disappointed because my Dad didn't like to hunt and wouldn't take me. Well our friends' Dad up and said he would take me turkey hunting at 5:30 in the morning and I said I would love to so that was the plan. That night when we got back to where we were staying. I asked Pris to wake me up when they started a movie which was the plan and I fell asleep. Well they never watched the movie and Pris never woke me up and I didn't set an alarm so didn't get up in time to go hunting :( . Oh well, I will defiantly go hunting next time we go there.
This doesn't look like a wild turkey but it is cute.-
I am hoping to go to a camp in June called Camp David. They work with children of prisoners. I would appreciate all your prayers for me and my parents to make the right decision about me going. I am not sure if I am ready to handle that kind of situation yet but I hope I am.

3 comments:
I really wanna go to Camp David too, but I don't think I can b/c of WorldView...
I hope and pray that your camping plans work out for the summer. Don't worry about not being ready to handle the challenges...God is faithful to equip us to do His work (if we're listening to Him), but He also has a way of keeping us humble and desperately dependent upon him all along, lest we are not consumed with pride.
Question: do you always buy your clothes at Banana Republic? Just curious...
Victor,
I'm sorry to see that you're still stuck on the banana thing. Nevertheless, I'm proud to say that I've NEVER and REFUSE to set foot in the Banana Republic!! Any republic that would center itself around bananas is sick and twisted!!!
Post a Comment