For years I tried to keep a journal. I would start one and only write a page and forget about it for months and then I would hate what I wrote and just get discouraged. So Mom told me that I could start a journal of quotes since I read so much. Here are some of my favorite quotes from my common place book.
This is one of my favorites and I think it can apply to boys as well as girls.
So laugh and play and rejoice in your youth, dream your glorious day-dreams, sip the honey and nectar from every passing hour: but guard well your feet that they do not slip into one of the snares and pitfalls along the way. Be pure, be true, be sincere, be earnest, and life will bring you peace and happiness.
Beautiful Girlhood
I love this one because it is just how I feel about books.
In books I meet the dead as if they were alive, in books I see what is yet to come... All things decay and pass with time... All fame would fall victim to oblivion if God had not given mortal men the book to aid them.
The Philobiblon
I have always loved the Chronicles of Narnia but The Horse and His Boy was always my favorite. I love it has to teach.
It doesn't follow that you'll be anyone very special in Narnia. But as long as you know you're nobody very special, you'll be a very decent sort of horse on the whole, and taking one thing with another.
The Horse and His Boy

No comments:
Post a Comment