Yeah, I figure I should put a new post up here. I've been kinda' busy lately and I've been losing heart with the whole bloggin' thing but I'll try to snap out of it :). We went to MO recently to go to an H2O meet... We had a blast!!!! It's always nice to hang around a bunch of kids who love the Lord and will support each others standards! After we played games like Frisbee, whiffle ball, and watter balloons we all went down to the fire and all sat around in chairs. We sang some worship songs and then they took some time for testimonies and prayer requests. Wow! I couldn't help but be encouraged!!
-
It's hard here at home not having a supportive group of friends. I think I would rather have no friends than friends who drag me down though. Please pray for me in this aria because I've been getting very discouraged.
-
I think things are going to get better though! When we got home we had a big home school picnic and 12 families showed up!!! We had a great time even though all the kids were quite a bit younger than me I still had fun! When it was around time to eat it started to pour so everybody brought their blankets and food inside and laid them out on the floor and we had an inside picnic :P. Then later the sky decided to clear up so we all went outside and each made his own ice cream in a bag that turned out to taste very good!
Here's the recipe.
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup half & half
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons rock salt
1 pint-size Ziploc plastic bag
1 gallon-size Ziploc plastic bag
Ice cubes
1/2 cup half & half
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons rock salt
1 pint-size Ziploc plastic bag
1 gallon-size Ziploc plastic bag
Ice cubes
How to make it:
Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
Put half & half, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
Place the small bag inside the large one and seal again carefully.
Shake until mixture is ice cream, about 5 minutes.
Wipe off top of small bag, then open carefully and enjoy!
Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
Put half & half, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
Place the small bag inside the large one and seal again carefully.
Shake until mixture is ice cream, about 5 minutes.
Wipe off top of small bag, then open carefully and enjoy!

5 comments:
"It's hard here at home not having a supportive group of friends. I think I would rather have no friends than friends who drag me down though. Please pray for me in this area because I've been getting very discouraged." -Kezzi
Aww, I know how hard that is. I can be (and am) friends with lots of people who aren't living the way I do, but my best friends have to be into God.
Your family is typically hard to get in touch with, but I'd love to see you more. I don't have anything planned right now, but I'll call next time I do. I am closer to Candace, but I do think of you as my friend--not just my friends little sister. Call me sometime, and we will plan something.
That way of making ice cream sounds like a great kids activity. Maybe we'll do it with our kids at youth service sometime. I do need to try it out first though. Where can I buy rock salt?
Yeah, I haven't seen any of ya'll in a long time and I would really like to! I would have gone w) Candace to your church Wednesday but she didn't tell me till she was walking out the door and I couldn’t get ready. I really appreciate you and Leah and I have really loved the times we have gone and done stuff together!! We need to do that more, It’s always really encouraging!!!
Thanks!
-Kez
Thank you for a new post!!!
Good to see you back in the blogish world. see you on facebook. maybe i'll filth you .
I think that BDS (blogger discouragement syndrome) is going around right now. I think Zack C. has it, but he has a very bad case of it. It makes him discouraged about life in general.
Hang tight it will pass!
Post a Comment