Thursday, August 02, 2007

Of Kids and Snakes

This week Pris, Hope and I have been teaching a dance track at church for Camp kidstuff. We are teaching twelve k-5th grade girls a dance to Steven Curtis Chapman's The Great Adventure and it has been really fun!! It's really cool how we've gotten to know all the girls pretty well just this week and they've learned the dance really fast. Yesterday we went a few hours early to hang out with some of the teenage girls and go see a movie.

-

Friday morning Abel came in my room to wake me up and as soon as I sat up he bombarded me with a story about how a vicious thing attacked him and gave him a very swollen hand and arm. By the time I could open my eyes I was pretty impressed with the size of his arm. He was excitedly telling me that he thought it was probably a copperhead bite. I wondered if this was what he wanted it to be. After further questioning he told me that he was in the woods, had shot an arrow and went to retrieve it. As he was searching he felt his hand sting and instead of looking at what had hurt him he looked at his hand and thus did not see his attacker. Dad was at work so Mom took him to the doctor who said he should go to the emergency room where we spent four hours there just to find out that it was a copperhead bite and it had injected poison but Abel's arm would get better on it's own. Easy end to an interesting day.

No comments: