Friday, December 08, 2006

Prayer

In these recent months I have lost a lot of friends but God has used this to draw me closer to my family and to Him. Some of the things I've learned have made such an awesome difference in the way I view my life and my relationship with God. He has been so amazing and has brought our family through these hard times with such unbelievable grace and mercy. We have met so many people in the last month or so that have encouraged us in Him.
The Lord has led me to these verses and taught me to never let anything hinder my prayer life, not worries or burdens or hopes or wishes. I have learned to keep alert in Him and to trust Him no matter what!!
-
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God.
Philippians 4:6
-
Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud and He will hear my voice.
Psalm 55:17
-
Devote yourselves to prayer keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving.
Colossians 4:2
-
Here is a Third Day song that has meant a lot to me too.
-
My pain and problems keep me chained
And my troubled heart makes me weak
I'll wait for You to comfort me
And in You I know I'll find my strength
I will soar on the wings of eagles
I will learn to fly high above this world
And I will soar on the wings of eagles
I will learn to fly
I will learn to fly high above this world
I tremble with this heavy weight
And I'm buried underneath my grief
I'll run to You and not grow faint
And I'll lay my burdens at Your feet

2 comments:

Beck's Bounty said...

AMEN !! And welcome to the Blog World.

Keziah Haag said...

Thanks momtocherbs.