Since we have been going to our church we have experienced a lot of segregation. Most modern churches have this problem. They have the singles group, the high school youth group, the middle school group, small kids group and adult groups. I don't believe that this is the way God intended our churches to be. I think that us young people need older men and women as our friends and I know for a fact that single people need and love families in there lives. Throughout the years several single people have befriended our family and one in particular has complained about how people make the sad mistake of thinking that singles only want to hang out with other singles. How can people grow and learn when the majority of there time is spent with people who are at the same place in life as they are? I know that these groups have leaders that are usually older and have more experience but that is only a couple of people,
I don't think that is enough. Young singles need families!! High schoolers need to learn to make friends with older people!! We went to our youth for the first time and Mom came with us because the church was new. Once we got there my sisters and I started talking to the youth leader but none of the kids were making any effort to talk to us. In a few minutes Mom got a call on her cell and went to the car, immediately kids came over to talk to us. This struck me as very odd and Mom noticed it so she hung back to let us meet some of the kids. It shouldn't have been this way, teens should be able to talk to a grown woman. Girls can learn so much from women. I know I would not be who I am today if I had not had older women to learn from.
~
Titus 2:2-6
That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
The aged women likewise, that [they be] in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
[To be] discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
I don't think that is enough. Young singles need families!! High schoolers need to learn to make friends with older people!! We went to our youth for the first time and Mom came with us because the church was new. Once we got there my sisters and I started talking to the youth leader but none of the kids were making any effort to talk to us. In a few minutes Mom got a call on her cell and went to the car, immediately kids came over to talk to us. This struck me as very odd and Mom noticed it so she hung back to let us meet some of the kids. It shouldn't have been this way, teens should be able to talk to a grown woman. Girls can learn so much from women. I know I would not be who I am today if I had not had older women to learn from.
~
Titus 2:2-6
That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
The aged women likewise, that [they be] in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
[To be] discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
~
I believe Gods plan was for us to learn from each other, not have our own little age groups with people who are the same as us. The majority of youth these days are heading for disaster and without families being strong and adults in our lives to help us learn where will our world be in fifty years? God and strong families are so important that I believe the world cannot survive without them.

5 comments:
yes right on i have felt this way my whole life i never really liked hanging around people my own age they never seemed to be that interesting or happy but sometimes older people need to learn this lesson too they seem to think younger people are to immature to be with and sometimes thats the case but everyone has a immature side some just have harder lives so they act a little crazy sometimes because its a release for they it gets their mind off their problems and helps them feel better
Your absaloutly right Dani.
Hey Kezzi,
I totally agree with your post. Our church here in MO doesn't have that problem at all. There is no segregation. We're all in one room together, just a big mixing pot. I've found that relationships w/ older, mature people that have been thru "stuff" have much better advice to offer than other rookies like us. I've even learned some valuable lessons from a 10 year old's perspective.
Great Post,
zach
Amen !!!!!!!!!
Kezzi,
Great post. I agree with you 100%. We once visited a church and the younger two of my siblings wanted to go to children's church. My mom took them to the class room and was told to leave them there and go back to the service. They literally refused to allow her to enter the room or to stay and hear what was going to be taught. Their reason for this was that "kids behave better when their parents aren't around." Interesting philosophy. Some of us are also getting involved in a youth group here, but the kids in it are very immature. I was really saddened to see this, especially because they are so uncomfortable talking to "older people", even when they are struggling and could use a helping hand! I really believe that all the segregation and separation is Satan's way of getting into the church body. It is much easier for him to get a bunch of 13-18 year-olds to do something rash if there aren't any older (and wiser) people around to interfere.
Niyad
Post a Comment